You have arrived at these pages because something isn't right. Perhaps your relationship needs work, your relationship with yourself is suffering, you have lost your motivation to enjoy life as you did?
Perhaps you are worrying about things that are out of control, your fears are making you behave in a way that is not enjoyable for yourself or the ones around you that you care about.
Counselling can help all these things and more BUT
Counselling is a partnership- we both have to work to enable change to happen in you, mostly you do the work and I help you to know the unknown and see the unseen. To take the leaps when you were too scared of the consequences.
Together, you can make changes. ( That sounds wrong but is true)
Carl Rogers, stated that these 6 conditions were needed for change:
- Two persons are in psychological contact. We meet and I listen to you. It isn't about me.
- The first, whom we shall term the client, is in a state of incongruence, being vulnerable or anxious. That is you.
- The second person, whom we shall term the therapist, is congruent or integrated in the relationship. That is me.
- The therapist experiences unconditional positive regard for the client. That means I consider that you are a good person and I care for you, whatever you bring to me.
- The therapist experiences an empathic understanding of the client's internal frame of reference and endeavours to communicate this experience to the client. This means I try to understand things as if I am walking inside your shoes, experiencing your experiences.
- The communication to the client of the therapist's empathic understanding and unconditional positive regard is to a minimal degree achieved.’ This means I am able to show you I understand and you can feel my genuineness, and you feel heard.